Guide to setup rlxos on VM and real hardware
Getting Installer ISO
Installer ISO is available at Downloads Page. rlxos is available in two variants
- Desktop: Best for general usage
- Workstation: Bloated with developer tools, documentations and extra libraries.
Creating Installation Media (Windows)
Once you have the latest installer ISO file for rlxos, you need a blank USB drive of 4 GiB. and Rufus, This step is pretty simple, just start the rufus and select the USB drive and ISO file of rlxos and click start. ISO is pre-configured in a way that no further configuration is needed.
Booting into Installation Media
Now we have our installation media ready, now to boot into the installation media you need to reboot your system into boot menu, if you never did that here is a hint, while the system boot and vendor logo appears you need to press the boot menu key, that key is typically F12 in dell and lenovo, F6 in HP. Once you are inside the boot menu, select the USB drive and press Enter to boot into it.
Installation process is pretty simple like the complete rlxos. just keep your mind up while managing the disk partitions. If want a full system clean install then just select the default options else follow up the below instructions.
- Select the Language, currently English is default and only language.
- Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Select and Test the keyboard layout.
- On the Disk Selection page, if you already have the partitions ready to use then just select the root partition and click install. else click on the Manage disks and create partitions as per the need.
- wait for the process to finish, click the bottom terminal icon to view process logs. and
- reboot once finished
While waiting for the installation to finish you can check out the Getting Started page to know more about rlxos